Aloha Kākou | Hello
My name is Angelica Recaido but I prefer you call me Jel, which came from my nickname in high school "JellyGurl".
Most of you who are stumbling on my website know me as, that girl who lost a lot of weight on IG. I lost 60 pounds in 6 months and I've kept it off for 4 years. Though, my transformation has inspired a lot of people around the world, I thought many parts of who I am can also bring more inspiration and positivity.
FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT
Faith it, till you make it
Growing up, pain was my constant companion. At the age of 15, young and in love with life, I was diagnosed with a chronic autoimmune disease psoriasis and arthritis. I spent half my life in and out of doctors offices, hospital beds, specialists offices, and the list goes on.
GREATEST LESSON LEARNED
Jesus, the perfect example of unconditional love.
When I was little I received the greatest gift of all, faith.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
He has a plan for you.
ASPIRE TO INSPIRE
IMPACTING THE WORLD, TOUCHING ONE SOUL AT A TIME
Thank you <3
Talented artists: Neil Chan, Alistair L Austria, Jerlyn Thomas, Nathanael Lark, Robert Steele, Sean Katsenhakeron Davidson, Adry, Jaysfiddles, Dee, and newest artwork from Nelly Nova.
LIVE A LIFE THAT MATTERS
Ready or not, someday it will all come to an end.
There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours or days.
All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.
Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance.
It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear.
So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will expire.
The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
It won't matter where you came from, or on what side of the tracks you lived, at the end.
It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant
Even your gender and skin colour will be irrelevant.
So what will matter?
How will the value of your days be measured?
What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave.
What will matter is not your success, but your significance.
What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught.
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example.
What will matter is not your competence, but your character.
What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone.
What will matter is not your memories, but the memories that live in those who loved you.
What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.
Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident.
It's not a matter of circumstance, but of choice.
Choose to live a life that matters.
Finally, I don't consider myself an online weight loss guru or beauty queen diva. The information I share with you are not secrets and what I offer are not to "get rich quick" schemes. This is why I don't promote specific diet programs, training programs, and I do not do paid consultations. It's not that I don't wanna help you, it's because all this information is free and I feel like as your online friend I wanna reach out and help you.
Weight loss, success, whatever you want in life takes a lot of hard work, a lot of patience, and a leap of faith. I am here to inspire you. I hope we all make it.
Last, I encourage you to uplift others through your journey. Remember, we are all given talents and gifts to change a person's life, so use them to create positive change. Sparkle and sprinkle glitter wherever you go.
"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it," -Maya Angelou
MORE BACKGROUND INFO
- Born and raised in Ewa Beach, Hawaii
- Graduated from James Campbell High School JCHS 2008
- Founder and creator of HYPE CLUB (Helping Young People Excel)
- Worked at James Campbell High School as a paraprofessional tutor from 2008-2014
- Interned as a at risk youth counselor at Hawaii National Guard Youth Challenge Academy 2013-2014
- Experienced in graphic design and layout, helped publish and create award-winning yearbooks and news papers for JCHS and Youth Challenge Academy.
- Started a mini business called JG Productions. Designed invitations, banners, shirts, logos, posters, business cards, slideshows, and photography.
- AA in Liberal Arts at Leeward Community College
- BA in Social Work at University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Member of Phi Theta Kappa Gamma Honor Society
- Sponsored Athlete for EHPlabs (Enhanced Human Performance Sports Supplements)
- Worked as a Vacation Ownership Consultant at Wyndham Waikiki
- Licensed Real Estate Agent for State of Hawaii
- Realtor at Coldwell Banker Pacific Properties
- Member of Honolulu Board of Realtors